Preparing the perfect lobster dinner may seem a bit intimidating, but we’re here to walk you through the process. From lobster delivery to your door to various cooking options, follow our best tips to cooking a succulent lobster meal any way you choose to prepare it.
Having an event or special celebration? For your convenience, our number one tip is to choose a lobster delivery option to save you time. Once your lobster arrives, choose your method of preparation and follow these straightforward tips to ensure your lobster tails are nothing less than spectacular:
Preparing a Lobster Tail
With a bit of preparation, you’ll be ready to bake, broil, or grill your lobster tail to perfection. If you opt for lobster delivery, thaw your tails for approximately eight to ten hours in your refrigerator.
Now let’s cut. Hold your lobster tail firmly in one hand while using your kitchen shears to cut down the top side of its shell, lengthwise. Stop just before reaching the bottom portion of the tail.
Gently spread open the shell, exposing the meat, then slowly work it away from the sides of the shell with your thumbs and separate the meat down the center. Keep the meat towards the bottom of the tail remaining attached. This allows the butter to work its way around every inch of the meat for optimal flavor. Trust us; you'll be glad you took the extra time to follow this tip once the buttery lobster meat touches your tongue.
Boiling Lobster Tails
Boiling is the quickest way to cook your delicious lobster tails.
- Prepare your tails
- Bring six to eight cups of salted water to a boil
- Add in tails
- Simmer, uncovered, for eight to twelve minutes. Once your shell becomes bright red, check the meat. It should be a tender texture when testing with a fork.
- Carefully drain and cool for serving
Depending on your particular recipe, you may find it calls for a butterflying preparation.
- Prepare your tails
- Gently lift the meat out and over the shell. This is where you’ll notice the benefit of keeping the bottom portion attached to the shell.
- While holding the meat above the shell, squeeze the lobster shell back together
- Lay the lobster meat on top of the shell
- For additional buttery flavor, brush with your seasoned butter mixture then season again lightly while cooling
Steaming your Lobster
After butterflying your tail, follow these steps to steam perfectly.
- Place your steamer basket into a saucepan and fill to just below its bottom
- Bring your water to a boil
- Place your tails into the basket, cover, and reduce heat. Steam for eight to twelve minutes. Your lobster will be opaque when done.
Grilling your Lobster
There’s nothing like grilling lobster tail on a beautiful evening. If you have yet to try it, we highly recommend it. Once your lobster delivery arrives and thaws, prepare the tails for cooking.
- Lightly grease your grilling rack, preheat, and reduce to medium
- Melt three tablespoons of butter and brush onto your tails
- Place your tails onto the grill, meat side facing down, and cover for five to six minutes
- Turn tails over and repeat for an additional five to six minutes, or until meat is opaque
Another quick and easy option is to bake your tails. This is an incredibly helpful tip when your recipe calls for dicing meat and presentation isn’t crucial.
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees and prepare and butterfly tails for best results
- Bake tails for ten to thirteen minutes until meat is opaque
And it’s just that simple. Is your mouth watering yet? Order your lobster delivery now for an unforgettable dinner in a matter of days!