Jumbo Snow Crab Legs
2 lb. per Bag
- 10 to 12 oz. Each Cluster
- Typically around 2 ½ to 3 clusters per bag
- Very large, flavorful Opilio Snow crab legs and claws
- Wild Caught in Canada
- Pre-cooked and flash frozen
Our Snow Crab legs are cooked and frozen shortly after they are caught, so you receive the freshest legs possible. Each leg has a generous portion of sweet and savory crab meat. Simply delicious! MUCH MUCH bigger than your local grocery store.
*Larger Clusters may reduce the overall count
Serving size: approximately 1 to 1.5 pounds per person
Please note that Snow Crab can be prone to breakage during shipping and we are not responsible for breakage that occurs during shipping. We have a policy of not packing broken pieces, and we pack it very carefully.
Storing: Frozen snow crab can be kept in a freezer for several months due to it's protective water glaze.
Thawing: Place snow crab in the refrigerator a day prior to cooking (steaming or broiling) it or overnight. If you have any left-over snow crab, place it in the refrigerator and use within a couple of days.
How to cook crab legs: Our crab legs are already cooked, so you are just reheating them by steaming them for 3 to 4 minutes or Broiling them for 3 to 4 minutes. We don't recommend boiling them as we feel the flavor is reduced using this method.
How to eat crab legs:
- Start by removing each individual leg from the cluster by snapping it off at the cluster.
- Break each leg into two parts by snapping at the joint.
- For each leg part use two hands on each end to gently bend back and forth until the shell breaks. The meat should slide out easily from the shell.
- For claws, use a cracker. Don't apply too much pressure or you'll crush the meat inside. Peel back the shell until you can easily slide the meat out.
- For the knuckle, crack it gently with your hands and fold it open. Use a small fork (or crab fork) to remove the pockets of the meat