Atlantic Cod recipes are some of our all-time favorites to experiment with. Whether you’re already a seafood lover or just getting your feet wet, cod offers a deliciously mild flavor that pairs well with anything. We’re eager to share our easy to make Buttery Baked Lemon Atlantic Cod recipe with you and all the reasons we think you’ll love this fish. You can place your seafood delivery order online today and prepare to feast in a matter of days.
Atlantic Cod: A Healthy Choice
Cod is an incredibly healthy addition to add to your diet. Rich in omega 3 fatty acids, cod provides heart health benefits, including a reduction in:
- plaque buildup in your arteries
- heart attack
- high blood pressure
Atlantic Cod is also packed with vitamin B-12 and lean protein, providing energy, stamina, and nourishing your brain. What you may not know is cod contains low levels of mercury. The FDA recommends adding a healthy amount of cod into the diets of children and expectant mothers and those who are breastfeeding. Encouraging your children to eat cod and other fish low in mercury can provide essential nutrients that support their development and growth.
Flavor and Texture
Cod makes a wonderful starter seafood thanks to its mild flavor, making it an extremely versatile option for most seafood recipes. You’ll love the hint of sweetness in this buttery flavored fish, no matter how you prepare it. Cod has a tender texture that falls apart nicely into delicate flakes.
Cooking Tips for Cod
Don’t let its delicate texture intimidate you. By following a few simple tips, cooking your cod dish will have you looking like a chef in no time!
- Work with a non-stick pan or dish to prevent your delicate fish from sticking while baking.
- Opt to use oil rather than butter in the bottom of your frying pan or skillet. This tip will help cook your cod slowly and more evenly, as butter can sometimes cause a bit of burning. Top the fish with butter near the end of its cooking time for additional flavor.
- Contrary to what some believe, it’s best to cook your fish at a higher heat. High heat helps trap the moisture inside while providing a nice searing to the outside.
One of our favorite things about preparing Atlantic Cod recipes is the versatility we have when pairing flavors. Whether it be our side dishes or sauces, there are many tasty options to satisfy anyone's tastebuds. Cod's mild flavoring allows you to create a subtle dish with a touch of butter and lemon, perfect for beginners. It also pairs well with contrasting flavors, including red peppers and chilis for a little kick. Cod's mild flavor makes it the perfect addition to many of your soups and stews. You can't go wrong when you experiment with Atlantic Cod recipes.
The option of quick, reliable seafood delivery is such a convenience today. While it provides many land-locked seafood lovers with the seafood options they love, it also saves you time, money, and an extra layer of safety as you shop from the comfort of your own home or office. In a matter of days, your delicious seafood selections will arrive from our door to yours.
Ready to get cooking? Place your seafood delivery order and prepare to wow your family with this easy to make Atlantic Cod Recipe.
Buttery Baked Lemon Atlantic Cod
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 10-12 Minutes
Serving Size: 4
- 4 Atlantic Cod fillets
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 1 ½ tbsp parmesan cheese
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 lemon, sliced
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F and lightly grease your 9x13 baking dish.
- In a small bowl, blend butter, parmesan cheese, flour, garlic, salt, pepper, onion powder, and lemon juice.
- Lay filets in your baking dish.
- Top each cod fillet with a generous amount of seasoning mixture.
- Place lemon slices on top of and around your fillets.
- Bake for roughly 10-12 minutes, depending on the thickness of your fillets. The cod is thoroughly cooked when it flakes easily with a fork. Garnish with extra butter and sliced lemon if you desire before serving!