Coconut Shrimp recipe
This is a great recipe that yields nice crispy coconut shrimp.
Make sure to use Panko bread crumbs as that is the secret to the “crunch”.
yield: 4-6 SERVINGS prep time: 10 MINUTES
cook time: 10 MINUTES total time: 20 MINUTES
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1-XL white shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- Sweet chili sauce, for serving
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Combine Panko* bread crumbs and shredded coconut in a large bowl and set aside.
- Season the shrimp with salt and pepper, to taste. Next, dredge shrimp (one at a time) in the flour, dip into the eggs, then dredge in the coconut mixture, pressing to coat.
- Working in batches, add shrimp to the Dutch oven and fry until evenly golden brown and crispy, about 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Serve immediately with sweet chili sauce, if desired.